A shared agenda for local communities.
Last release 1.6.17 - 4 October 2023
Focus on content not on people: nowhere on gancio does the identity of who posted an event appear, not even under a nickname, not even to administrators (except in the db). This is not an ego-friendly platform.
Visitors first. We do not want logged user to get more features than random visitor. We don’t want users to register, except to post events and even then you can post an anonymous event.
Anonymous events: optionally a visitor can create events without being registered (an administrator must confirm them)
We don’t care about making hits so we export events in many ways: via RSS feeds, via global or individual ics, allowing you to embed list of events or single event via iframe or webcomponent on other websites, via AP, microdata and microformat
- Very easy UI
- Multi-day events (festival, conferences…)
- Recurring events (each monday, each two monday, each monday and friday, each two saturday, etc.)
- Filter events for tags or places
- RSS and ICS export (with filters)
- embed your events in your website with webcomponents or iframe (example)
- boost / bookmark / comment events from the fediverse!
- Lot of configurations available (dark/light theme, user registration open/close, enable federation, enable recurring events)
Gancio is distributed by an AGPL-3.0 Licence.